Below is a list of categories and channels we currently have. More will be added over time, no doubt!
Please make sure you follow the rules and post in the correct channels!
- Announcements (#announcements)This is reserved for general announcements and new features and changes to the SGB Fenix Discord server.
- SGB News (#sgb-news)In this channel, the latest news from SmileBoom’s official Twitter feed will be displayed.
- SGB Updates (#sgb-updates) A dedicated channel for updates and news of upcoming features.
- Welcome (#welcome)New members are announced in this channel. They can then introduce themselves in the other channels.
- General Chat (#general-chat)This is for all discussions and general chat. This should not be used for support topics; these should be put in the appropriate channels.
- Japanese Chat (#チャット)This is the Japanese language only chatroom for all of our Japanese friends.
- Social Media Promotion (#social-media-promotion)To promote your social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.) with relation to games and gaming, especially if you’re involved with SGB.
- SGB Live-Streaming (#sgb-live-streaming)Announce when you’re live-streaming SGB, along with your stream links, so that others can view your streams. This is only for live-streams of SMILE GAME BUILDER.¶ Please use this channel for promoting your live-stream links only.
- Live-Stream Chat (#live-stream-chat)Discuss previous live-streams from #sgb-live-streaming or live-streaming in general.¶ Please use this channel for conversation about streaming only.
- Levels & Ranks (#levels-and-ranks)A new separate channel for leveling and ranking up for easier reference. This is also to keep the other channels uncluttered with level-up messages.
- Member Status (#member-status)A separate channel for member-related messages, such as the new commands: Members and Member-Status.
- Support (#support)This is for any type of support question about SGB, including how-to questions. Also, post here if you have problems with the engine itself or unusual glitches in SGB. Include screenshots of the error messages if you can to provide further help.
- Tutorials (#tutorials)Here you can post any non-video tutorials you’d like to share. (This can include comments on the tutorials, but please make sure further conversation continues in #general-chat.)
- Video Tutorials (#video-tutorials)You can post your video tutorials in this channel for more visual follow-along guides.
- Suggestions (#suggestions)This is for suggestions for the SGB Fenix Discord server or Smile Game Builder. All suggestions will be placed on a list and reviewed.
- SGB Tutorials (#sgb-tutorials)This channel is reserved for specific kinds of tutorials (taken from across the Internet), posted for reference.¶ This channel is underused but that’ll change in time as I post more tutorials in it. Note that only Admins can post to this channel.
- Free Assets (#free-assets)Share links to free SGB resources and assets, whether your own or others. (Make sure you follow the guidelines for sharing.)
- Paid Assets (#paid-assets)If you’re selling assets or assets packs, you can post links to them here. (Please don’t spam needlessly.)
- Useful Software (#useful-software)If you know of programs or other software that might be useful for creating resources, assets and other things for Smile Game Builder, you can post links here.
- Modeling General Chat (#modeling-general-chat)This is for discussing modeling in general (widely used for creating models for SGB).
- 3D Models Showcase (#3d-models-showcase)You can showcase any models you create in this channel, including pictures and videos. This should only be used for showing off your modeling skills or progress on your in-game scenes; anything else should be redirected to the appropriate channels.
- Blender Support (#blender-support)If you have questions about Blender in relation to SGB models, this is the channel to use.
- Non-Blender Support (#non-blender-support)This is a support channel for 3D modeling software other than Blender (the most widely used), such as Maya, 3D Max, Wings 3D, and so on, in relation to converting and using models in SGB.
- Unity/SGB Support (#unity-sgb-support)This is for general support for Unity/SGB and how-to’s on post-processing SGB games in Unity.
- Unity Scripts & Editing (#unity-scripts-and-editing)In this channel you can share any scripts or edits of SGB games imported into Unity.
- SGB Unity Exporter (#sgb-unity-exporter)This is for general support and advice for exporting to Unity itself, as well as exporting SGB games to various platforms.
- Gallery (#gallery)This is for sharing your artwork and projects pictures. This could also be used for general screenshots as well to keep the faster-moving channels flowing.
- Video Gallery (#video-gallery)Share or showcase videos only of your games (in-game progress and gameplay) in this channel.
- Complete Games (#complete-games)Put links to your completed games here.
- Games In Development (#games-in-development)Announce games you’re currently working on, including titles and links (if you have a blog you regularly update). Please don’t post progress reports here, unless it’s a significant version update, of course!
- Game Screenshots (#game-screenshots)Share screenshots of your games or in-game models.
There have been a number of changes to the SGB Fenix Discord server since its inception. And there will be more as the server and community grows, including cool new features.
Part of this reshuffle means that some channels were deleted or demoted to another category, Other. These are the less popular, less used channels and also to make certain sections easier to navigate. They can still be posted to for anyone who wishes to.
- Games for Mobile (#games-for-mobile)
- SGB Videos (#sgb-videos)
- Game Music (#game-music)
- Commissions (#commissions)
- Storyline Chat (#storyline-chat)
- Adult Games (#adult-games) – Note: This is flagged as NSFW and viewers must be 18 years old or over to view the content.