Smile Game Builder Tutorial #29: Tips & Tricks (Chests) – Part 1
This Tips & Tricks video is a multi-part tutorial on treasure chests.
The aim of this tutorial is to be as comprehensive as possible with as many methods as possible to add some dimension to your games.
It’s mostly based on the Complete Chests Tutorial I did for RPG Maker, converted for Smile Game Builder. Some methods from RPG Maker aren’t viable in SGB, but I’ve included them for consistency.
The sections covered in Part 1 are:
- (1) Basic Chest
- (2) Locked Chest
- (3) Random Contents
- (4) Combination Lock – ¶ Not quite viable in SGB
- (5) Trapped Chests
- (6) Picking Locked Chests
- (7) Monster-In-A-Box
- (8a) Items by Character Level
- (8b) Items by Character Level (Alternative Method)
- (9) Front Opening – ¶ Covered in Tutorial #14
- (10) Random Gold – ¶ Not possible in SGB
Part 2 will continue in next week’s tutorial, including evading/disarming traps and defeating all monsters before the chest appears.