Month: March 2018
Models: Table and Chairs Variations
Continuing with some Smile Game Builder furniture models, I decided to try a few more variations. The results turned out quite well. It’s good practice anyway.
As with previous table/chair models, I don’t know if or when these models will be released publicly yet, although I created them for Smile Game Builder.
Models: Table and Chairs
Some more Smile Game Builder furniture assets: a small table and chairs. I also have a functional template for filling the bookcases modularly with books and objects, which are stackable.
They’re unavailable and may be game-exclusive, but I may release it as part of another models House Pack later. More details will follow later.
Models: Hi-Tex House Pack Final Models
The final models for the Smile Game Builder Hi-Tex House Pack 1 are done. The release date is on schedule for later this month, although I’m not sure of pricing just yet. I’m finalizing the terrains, models and naming conventions, and doing some final testing, before release.
Updates: Smile Game Builder v1.10.2 & Exporter for Unity v1.1.1
SMILE GAME BUILDER V1.10.2
– We’ve fixed an error: the scrollbar in the event editor doesn’t display or work properly.
– We’ve added a feature: you can update your game file thumbnail on the top menu by right-clicking the preview screen of Edit Game Data > Title Screen.
– We’ve fixed an error: if you have changed DPI settings of Windows, the main window is disarranged when you export the preset materials.
– We’ve fixed an error: when you select “Choose from the Installed Font” in “In-Game Font Style”, playtests sometimes process very slow.
– We’ve fixed an error: when you move from a map to another without darken the screen, the player faces the south direction a moment.
– We’ve fixed an error: during a playtest in FPS mode, if there are events with a battle effect icon or an emotion icon, the mirrored icon has been displayed at the opposite direction.
– We’ve fixed an error: during a playtest in FPS mode, if you move the playtest window, the player cannot make turns properly.
– We’ve fixed an error: even in FPS mode, the mouse cursor will be displayed in the title screen.
– We’ve fixed an error: even in FPS mode, the mouse cursor will be displayed during battles.
– We’ve fixed an error: if a monster’s resistance was set to “Heal” and a critical attack was performed by a party member, the monster gets the damage from it.
– We’ve fixed an error: cross map objects overhead if ‘Allow Underpass’ (in Add Assets) is set.
– We’ve fixed an error: when you use the renaming resource file name feature, it doesn’t rename the def file.
– We’ve fixed an error: some parts of stairs and slopes had a wrong passage determination.
– We’ve fixed an error: when you run a common event, Move to Another Location, from a map event, the rest of the events are not executed.
– We’ve fixed an error: you cannot select motions for 2D graphics on the event panel “Change Character Graphics”.
Exporter for Unity 5.6 V1.1.1
– We’ve fixed an error: when it’s dividing motions using def files, it doesn’t take into account its frame rate.
– We’ve fixed an error: when a character has multiple meshes, display and hidden didn’t work properly.
– We’ve fixed an error: when you play FPS mode on a smartphone, the player can only speak to events which are facing the north direction.
– We’ve fixed an error: the diagonal moves cannot be achieved on the Xbox game pad.
– We’ve fixed an error: motioned map objects only repeat one time.
– We’ve fixed a feature: when you build games for PC, the window can be switched to a full screen mode by pressing F4 or Alt+Enter.
– We’ve fixed an error: the drawing priorities of billboard characters were different from PC.
– We’ve fixed a feature: fogs can be achieved.
– We’ve fixed an error: characters that were made by 3D Character Editor don’t play their motions.
– We’ve fixed an error: some preset 3D materials don’t play their motions properly.
– We’ve fixed an error: the shake effect level was different from PC.
– We’ve fixed an error: after event battles, the event cannot move from its coordinates.
– We’ve fixed an error: after losing event battles, it sometimes crushes in the middle of the branch.
– We’ve fixed an error: if the names of maps contain “<” or “>”, sometimes it fails to create map folders for mesh and material.
Another Update – Some Good News!
I’ve been going through my extensive "To Do List" and tackling one thing at a time, slowly but surely, starting with the more graphic heavy stuff. That is, now that I know exactly what my new computer is capable of!
There won’t be a tutorial this week, but starting next week the tutorials will resume as normal. And also next week (or the week after that) I’m going to start live-streaming. I’m moving more towards streaming Elder Scrolls Online and will also try some Smile Game Builder stuff.
To Do List Progress
For those who are interested, this is what I’ve crossed off the To Do List so far:
Hi-Tex House Terrain Pack
The pack is almost finished. I’m doing some final tweaks and adjustments before its official release. There are 291 assets in this pack (69 Stucco Wall, 69 Stucco/Red Brick Wall, 69 Stucco/Orange Brick Wall and 69 Stone Wall terrains), 11 Floor terrains and 4 models (1 matching lintel model for above doors and 3 table variations).
I’ve been working on revamping the format and layout of my tutorials (hence the delay), including some in-between movie sequences. This is taking the longest time, of course, but that part is almost finished. And you can see some of them in the next tutorial.
Testing Games & Assets
I’ve received a lot of SGB games and assets over the past year. Unfortunately, because Dinosaur wasn’t quite capable, I wasn’t able to record and play at the same time. The new computer can do just that, so to start, these are the games I’ll be play-recording to begin with over the course of the next few months:
» In Vitra (finally!)
» I Am Here
» A Healer Only Lives Twice (from the DLC).
Because I have Thursday through Sunday off, most activities will take place on these days. With the exception of Sunday’s regular tutorials, there probably won’t be a regular schedule for the other things, so I’ll keep you updated here.
Bear with me with the tutorials, they ARE resuming soon!!
Quick Update on Tutorials
Here’s a quick update on the Smile Game Builder tutorials. I’m waiting for my new computer to arrive (scheduled for next week) before continuing with the tutorials. And then once the computer is here and set up, the tutorials are going to be restructured a bit.
Besides, I’ve been focused on the Hi-Tex Packs so that they can finally be released this month, starting with the House Terrain Pack. And talking of which, here’s what the pack contains so far:
- Stucco Wall Terrain (69)
- Stucco/Red Brick Wall Terrain (69)
- Stucco/Orange Brick Wall Terrain (69)
- Stone Wall Terrain (69)
- Floorboard Terrain (5)
- Lintel Model (1)
I’m doing some last minute testing and tweaking, so these may change before the final release.
Hi-Tex House Terrain Pack 1 Being Released This Month
The Hi-Tex House Terrain Pack 1 for Smile Game Builder will be released this month. It contains 250+ different house wall terrains and variations, comprising Stucco, Red Brick, Orange Brick and Stone, and includes various lintels for placing above doors.
I’m fine-tuning it and doing some final tests before its release date at the end of the month, maybe sooner, but I’ll announce it officially nearer the time. I have decided on a base price for the pack, which is still subject to change, and this too will be announced.