SMILE GAME BUILDER has a new update! I will do a tutorial or livestream (probably the latter) on Friday. We’ll continue game development the Tutoria maps created for the Campsite tutorials, utilising the new updates, including some tips and tricks.
- You can now create events that operate under specified conditions during battles. (Battle Events)
- You can change equipment forcibly. (Event Panel: Change Equipment)
- You can leave memos in event sheets. (Event Panel: Note)
- You can change battle damage formulas. (Weapons and Skills)
- You can specify motions when characters use their skills.
- You can call common events when characters use their skills.
- You can specify skills for item effects.
- You can call common events when characters use items.
- You can change the window image in the battles.
- You can use 8 directions for 2D animation.
- You can edit colors, bold and italic for messages and dialogues.
- You can display strings as images on the screen.
- We’ve fixed an error: sometimes it doesn’t import FBX models properly, when you use the automatic optimize importing.
- We’ve fixed an error: even if you make items of "Recover from KO" and "Recover HP", you can not use it unless a member is in the state of KO.
- We’ve fixed an error: it does not remember the last skill used during the battle.
- We’ve fixed an error: if the data size of Data-pack exceeds 1GB, an exception error of "system out of memory exception" occurs when launching the "Export Public Game File".
- We’ve fixed an error: an error occurs when pasting maps between projects with different terrain materials.
- We’ve fixed an error: some event panels are not completed when composing complex events.
- We’ve fixed an error: the images of the East and the West on the compass common event were opposite.
Jacob Mann has offered a comprehensive tutorial on using Mixamo with Smile Game Builder’s popular B-Style characters. And the best thing about this method is also compatible with Unity when exported with the Exporter for Unity DLC.
Support Tool for Making FBX Motions Files with Blender
There is a useful and necessary tool, called TimeSpanEndFixTool (provided by SmileBoom). It’s at the very bottom of the page.
What this tool does is fixes the end frame limit of 60fps so longer animations don’t play to the end.
SMILE GAME BUILDER V1.10.2
– We’ve fixed an error: the scrollbar in the event editor doesn’t display or work properly.
– We’ve added a feature: you can update your game file thumbnail on the top menu by right-clicking the preview screen of Edit Game Data > Title Screen.
– We’ve fixed an error: if you have changed DPI settings of Windows, the main window is disarranged when you export the preset materials.
– We’ve fixed an error: when you select “Choose from the Installed Font” in “In-Game Font Style”, playtests sometimes process very slow.
– We’ve fixed an error: when you move from a map to another without darken the screen, the player faces the south direction a moment.
– We’ve fixed an error: during a playtest in FPS mode, if there are events with a battle effect icon or an emotion icon, the mirrored icon has been displayed at the opposite direction.
– We’ve fixed an error: during a playtest in FPS mode, if you move the playtest window, the player cannot make turns properly.
– We’ve fixed an error: even in FPS mode, the mouse cursor will be displayed in the title screen.
– We’ve fixed an error: even in FPS mode, the mouse cursor will be displayed during battles.
– We’ve fixed an error: if a monster’s resistance was set to “Heal” and a critical attack was performed by a party member, the monster gets the damage from it.
– We’ve fixed an error: cross map objects overhead if ‘Allow Underpass’ (in Add Assets) is set.
– We’ve fixed an error: when you use the renaming resource file name feature, it doesn’t rename the def file.
– We’ve fixed an error: some parts of stairs and slopes had a wrong passage determination.
– We’ve fixed an error: when you run a common event, Move to Another Location, from a map event, the rest of the events are not executed.
– We’ve fixed an error: you cannot select motions for 2D graphics on the event panel “Change Character Graphics”.
Exporter for Unity 5.6 V1.1.1
– We’ve fixed an error: when it’s dividing motions using def files, it doesn’t take into account its frame rate.
– We’ve fixed an error: when a character has multiple meshes, display and hidden didn’t work properly.
– We’ve fixed an error: when you play FPS mode on a smartphone, the player can only speak to events which are facing the north direction.
– We’ve fixed an error: the diagonal moves cannot be achieved on the Xbox game pad.
– We’ve fixed an error: motioned map objects only repeat one time.
– We’ve fixed a feature: when you build games for PC, the window can be switched to a full screen mode by pressing F4 or Alt+Enter.
– We’ve fixed an error: the drawing priorities of billboard characters were different from PC.
– We’ve fixed a feature: fogs can be achieved.
– We’ve fixed an error: characters that were made by 3D Character Editor don’t play their motions.
– We’ve fixed an error: some preset 3D materials don’t play their motions properly.
– We’ve fixed an error: the shake effect level was different from PC.
– We’ve fixed an error: after event battles, the event cannot move from its coordinates.
– We’ve fixed an error: after losing event battles, it sometimes crushes in the middle of the branch.
– We’ve fixed an error: if the names of maps contain “<” or “>”, sometimes it fails to create map folders for mesh and material.
This is a simple fix for the oversight bug from the Skyrim Styled Book-Reading tutorial, which I only noticed after the video was uploaded.
The bug occurs where pages of the first book in the multiple book choices showed right before transitioning to the second book.
I was going to put this in another video, but since it’s so short I figured it didn’t merit one, so here’s the fix:
In the Check Cancel Reset event, simply add the following event command:
Add Variable box #33 Book # = 0.
The final result should look like this:
And that’s it! Whichever book you choose now displays the pages correctly.
The following bugs have been fixed in Version 188.8.131.52 (taken from SGB’s Announcements page on Steam):
- We’ve fixed an error; when you overwrite 3D characters from importing, the overwrite processes sometimes don’t work properly.
- We’ve fixed an error on Monster Tab; when you double click the option after select "Escape" of monster’s action, it gives you an error.
- We’ve fixed an error of "Teleport Event" panel; after you erase the teleporting target event on the map, an error message will appear when you start editing the event including the "Teleport Event" panel. This event cannot be edited anymore.
- We’ve adjusted the button of "Continue" on the top screen.
- We’ve fixed an error; when you use the 3D battle background "Fortress", the characters are placed in the ground during the battle.
- \Variable[x], represent a variable content with in the sentence, can be used on "Display Ticker Test" panel.
- We’ve fixed an error on an event panel, “Advanced Variable Box Option”; if assigned characters or items were deleted from "Edit Game Data", these events might not be able to edit.
- We’ve fixed the priority usage of system images; use placed materials within the game such as "Game Over" image.
- We’ve fixed an error; when you change the configuration from the top screen, it doesn’t reflect it for the game.
The following bugs have been fixed in Version 184.108.40.206:
- In FPS mode, when you place an object which can be passing through (like bridges) close to hills or stairs, the player cannot go through under the objects.
- In 3D battle, if the lead character performs at the end of the turn, the character sometimes goes forward to the edge of the display during selecting the next commands.
- UTF-8 based 2 bytes letters for the auto-wrapping system added. The line feed system for certain languages have been solved.
The following bugs have been found and will be fixed in the next update.
- With the Teleport Event panel, after you erase the teleporting target event on the map, an error message will appear when you start editing the event including the Teleport Event panel. This event cannot be edited anymore.
Temporary Fix: To erase the teleporting target event, change the target to "This Event" on the Teleport Event first.