This is a continuation tutorial of my previous Tips & Tricks (#29) video on Chests.
Some of these techniques are simple and straightforward, but (as I mentioned in Part 1) this is intended as a comprehensive guide, based mostly on the Complete Chests Tutorial I did for RPG Maker.
The subjects covered are:
- (11) Multiple Keys to Locked Chests
- (12a) Evading Traps
- (12b) Disarming Traps
- (13) Respawning Chests
- (14) Defeat All Monsters
- (15) Count # Chests Opened
- (16a) Teleportation Chest (Portkey)
- (16b) Teleportation Chest (Apparition)
- (17a) Chest Blocked by Fire
- (17b) Chest Blocked by Ice
- (18) Magically Sealed Chest
I’m taking a break from the Chests Tutorial for a while, but will revisit it in the future. For next week’s update, I may return to the Crafting system, but it depends on several factors, including SGB updates and whatever inspiration strikes between now and then.
This Tips & Tricks video is a multi-part tutorial on treasure chests.
The aim of this tutorial is to be as comprehensive as possible with as many methods as possible to add some dimension to your games.
It’s mostly based on the Complete Chests Tutorial I did for RPG Maker, converted for Smile Game Builder. Some methods from RPG Maker aren’t viable in SGB, but I’ve included them for consistency.
The sections covered in Part 1 are:
- (1) Basic Chest
- (2) Locked Chest
- (3) Random Contents
- (4) Combination Lock – ¶ Not quite viable in SGB
- (5) Trapped Chests
- (6) Picking Locked Chests
- (7) Monster-In-A-Box
- (8a) Items by Character Level
- (8b) Items by Character Level (Alternative Method)
- (9) Front Opening – ¶ Covered in Tutorial #14
- (10) Random Gold – ¶ Not possible in SGB
Part 2 will continue in next week’s tutorial, including evading/disarming traps and defeating all monsters before the chest appears.