SMILE GAME BUILDER has a new update! I will do a tutorial or livestream (probably the latter) on Friday. We’ll continue game development the Tutoria maps created for the Campsite tutorials, utilising the new updates, including some tips and tricks.
- You can now create events that operate under specified conditions during battles. (Battle Events)
- You can change equipment forcibly. (Event Panel: Change Equipment)
- You can leave memos in event sheets. (Event Panel: Note)
- You can change battle damage formulas. (Weapons and Skills)
- You can specify motions when characters use their skills.
- You can call common events when characters use their skills.
- You can specify skills for item effects.
- You can call common events when characters use items.
- You can change the window image in the battles.
- You can use 8 directions for 2D animation.
- You can edit colors, bold and italic for messages and dialogues.
- You can display strings as images on the screen.
- We’ve fixed an error: sometimes it doesn’t import FBX models properly, when you use the automatic optimize importing.
- We’ve fixed an error: even if you make items of "Recover from KO" and "Recover HP", you can not use it unless a member is in the state of KO.
- We’ve fixed an error: it does not remember the last skill used during the battle.
- We’ve fixed an error: if the data size of Data-pack exceeds 1GB, an exception error of "system out of memory exception" occurs when launching the "Export Public Game File".
- We’ve fixed an error: an error occurs when pasting maps between projects with different terrain materials.
- We’ve fixed an error: some event panels are not completed when composing complex events.
- We’ve fixed an error: the images of the East and the West on the compass common event were opposite.
Jacob Mann has offered a comprehensive tutorial on using Mixamo with Smile Game Builder’s popular B-Style characters. And the best thing about this method is also compatible with Unity when exported with the Exporter for Unity DLC.
Support Tool for Making FBX Motions Files with Blender
There is a useful and necessary tool, called TimeSpanEndFixTool (provided by SmileBoom). It’s at the very bottom of the page.
What this tool does is fixes the end frame limit of 60fps so longer animations don’t play to the end.
This was announced on the SmileBoom Updates page.
SMILE GAME BUILDER ver1.11.4
- We’ve fixed an error: it didn’t work when you select "Leader Only" in Revive Setting of Game Over Setting.
- We’ve fixed an error: some GPUs make the editor terrain cursor shift/blink.
- We’ve fixed an error: when you use "Escape Loop" in multiple loops, it escapes after the next first "End Loop".
- We’ve fixed an error: some GPUs make a graphic left in the preview window, even if you delete a member in the "Starting Party".
- We’ve fixed an error: "Heal by x% of Magic Attack" didn’t work properly on the field maps.
- We’ve fixed an error: in the English version, the sentence when an event template was switched into an advanced event is grammatically incorrect.
- We’ve fixed an error: a sample model, B3_Castle.fbx, is now FBX2014 Binary format.
- We’ve fixed an error: it gives you an error when you cancel the overwrite save in the 3D Character Editor.
- We’ve fixed an error: the “Monster Position” button in the event panel, "Place Battle", can be clicked even if the battle setting is the 2D battle system.
- We’ve fixed: if it fails to save the data during the saving process, you can choose to revive the last saved data.
- We’ve implemented: you can search event contents by text using "Event Search" window if you press Ctrl+F during the map editing.
Exporter for Unity 1.1.2
- We’ve fixed an error: an import error shows up when you import exported project data using Unity2017.2.
- We’ve fixed an error: an import error shows up when you import a model which contains more than 32 materials.
- We’ve fixed: now you cannot export Unity project data in the game file folder.
- We’ve fixed an error: if a model containing material animations is placed as an event, it doesn’t animate properly.
This is a simple fix for the oversight bug from the Skyrim Styled Book-Reading tutorial, which I only noticed after the video was uploaded.
The bug occurs where pages of the first book in the multiple book choices showed right before transitioning to the second book.
I was going to put this in another video, but since it’s so short I figured it didn’t merit one, so here’s the fix:
In the Check Cancel Reset event, simply add the following event command:
Add Variable box #33 Book # = 0.
The final result should look like this:
And that’s it! Whichever book you choose now displays the pages correctly.
The following bugs have been fixed in Version 126.96.36.199 (taken from SGB’s Announcements page on Steam):
- We’ve fixed an error; when you overwrite 3D characters from importing, the overwrite processes sometimes don’t work properly.
- We’ve fixed an error on Monster Tab; when you double click the option after select "Escape" of monster’s action, it gives you an error.
- We’ve fixed an error of "Teleport Event" panel; after you erase the teleporting target event on the map, an error message will appear when you start editing the event including the "Teleport Event" panel. This event cannot be edited anymore.
- We’ve adjusted the button of "Continue" on the top screen.
- We’ve fixed an error; when you use the 3D battle background "Fortress", the characters are placed in the ground during the battle.
- \Variable[x], represent a variable content with in the sentence, can be used on "Display Ticker Test" panel.
- We’ve fixed an error on an event panel, “Advanced Variable Box Option”; if assigned characters or items were deleted from "Edit Game Data", these events might not be able to edit.
- We’ve fixed the priority usage of system images; use placed materials within the game such as "Game Over" image.
- We’ve fixed an error; when you change the configuration from the top screen, it doesn’t reflect it for the game.
The following bugs have been fixed in Version 188.8.131.52:
- In FPS mode, when you place an object which can be passing through (like bridges) close to hills or stairs, the player cannot go through under the objects.
- In 3D battle, if the lead character performs at the end of the turn, the character sometimes goes forward to the edge of the display during selecting the next commands.
- UTF-8 based 2 bytes letters for the auto-wrapping system added. The line feed system for certain languages have been solved.
The following bugs have been found and will be fixed in the next update.
- With the Teleport Event panel, after you erase the teleporting target event on the map, an error message will appear when you start editing the event including the Teleport Event panel. This event cannot be edited anymore.
Temporary Fix: To erase the teleporting target event, change the target to "This Event" on the Teleport Event first.