Tag: Modular Market Pack
Market Pack Update to v1.2 Log #2
Market Pack Vol. 1 v1.2 — Release Date
Optimization on v1.2 of the Modular Market Pack Vol. 1 is nearing completion. I deferred its original November release because I’d like to make sure this pack is as optimized as possible, especially with expandability in mind (for future packs).
The purpose of this update – as mentioned in Log #1 – is to:
- Optimize textures to fix any incongruities and make sure they’re less "rough around the edges".
- Optimize and properly triangulate meshes (models) for better compatibility with Smile Game Builder, and possibly conversion to other engines, such as Unity and Unreal Engine.
- Ensure that its overall theme – a kind of medieval hybrid – is consistent throughout.
And with expandability in mind, I also restructured the models’ naming conventions. In addition, each type will have its own category:
- Market Stalls – The main market stall components.
- Market Items – Decorative models, such as barrels and crates.
- Stall Contents – Items that fit into or on the market stalls’ counters.
- Container Liquids – The liquids (water, wine, etc.) that fill the containers.
I know this’ll mess things up for those who have already purchased the pack and installed the models in SGB and I apologize! I decided to do it this way primarily to make it easier when it comes to add-ons and expansions. Everything is more organized and easier to pick and choose the models.
Market Pack Vol. 1 — Add-On
The Market Pack Vol. 1 — Add-On is designed to expand the Market Pack Vol. 1 with additional models and variations on existing models. I have no set release date yet, as I’m still working on it.
I’d like to continue adding to the market until it’s as comprehensive as possible. This will continue well into 2022 before I retire from SGB and move onto other things.
Market Pack Update to v1.2 Log #1
Market Pack Vol. 1 – Update v1.2
The Market Pack Vol. 1 is receiving a major update. I decided to do this before expanding the series further.
The main goal of this update is to optimize the models and textures, especially with consistency and proper alignment in mind.
Update v1.2 Release Date
I have no set release date in mind, although I’d ideally like to finish this before the end of November.
Other Expansion Packs
For the following expansions, I’m aiming for a December/Xmas release:
- Market Pack Vol. 1 Add-On (further expanding Vol. 1)
- Signs Vol. 1 (attaching to the front of the market stalls)
Over time, I’ll also start creating some stall "clutter" for each type of merchant.
Modular Market Pack Vol. 1
SMILE GAME BUILDER Assets
The pack contains 50 models, including animated water for barrels and boxes. All models are designed modularly to fit snugly together and provide variety to your markets.
It’s available $9.99 on the Gnome Treasure store (slightly more on Itch.io to offset a few fees).
This is part of an ongoing series, which I’ll continue to develop over time, to fully furnish your in-game market places, including things like market stall content (fruit and veg, weapons and armor, etc.) and attachable signs for market stalls.
15% Discount for Monthly SusbscribeStar Patrons
Monthly patrons on my SubscribeStar account will receive a 15% discount coupon code on this pack, which is only useable at checkout on the Gnome Treasure store.
For other discounts and special offers, as well as exclusive content (graphics, models, etc.), you can subscribe from as little as $5 per month.
This video showcases the Modular Market Pack Vol. 1 and how the parts fit together.